Wednesday 14 October 2009

Track Pump


I finally caved and got a track pump for my bike - a Blackburn Air Tower 1. Its a beauty. My beloved Brompton's tires have been a bit flat lately, and I can't get them up to much pressure with my teeny weeny hand pump, so I thought it was about time I became a proper cyclist with a proper pump. The tires on a Brompton go to a suggested max pressure of 100 - mine were at around 30. A mate in work who also has a Brompton's tires were at 20. I pumped up both bikes to around 80, so today we got in way faster with less effort, but with killer sore arses.

Some days I feel like stopping cyclists on the street and pumping up their tires - people cycle with such flat tires they put in so much effort and get nowhere. Their commutes could be way more enjoyable if only they knew!

1 comment:

'Disco Stu' said...

Hi.. just found your blog.

lol.. you said "Some days I feel like stopping cyclists on the street and pumping up their tires"

I notice this too.. if I had this pump I'd do it too.

Stu - drift hd