Tuesday 10 June 2008

New Dress

It has finally happened, Audrey has been painted. During the week I sanded and rust treated the frame, forks and handlebars. Then I primed them by painting them gray. This is how the frame looked on Saturday morning:


Then myself and Kat painted it all a random mix of red and blue. Here's Kat in her wonderfully unmatching socks in the back yard. Do you see the millions of leaves by her feet? We have a bloody enormous horse chestnut tree next door that floods us with leaves in the winter and a crazy japanese tree that does the same in the summer.


When the red and blue dried we stuck on lots of little stickers, then painted it black. Using a tweezers we took the stickers off and were left with some pretty cool patterns. I was considering putting a few stars around them place, but in the end what we did was write a load of my girl friend's names on the frame! It's really cool. It's very subtle so isn't really noticable till you look closely. This is the frame looking like a normal black bike:


And this is the decal on the front. I tried to save the original paint for the decal, but it was so rusty that it had to be treated and the treatment melted the paint. I like this one though, Audrey Hepburn; and the H is very similar to the Hercules H that was there before. Below is my name on the frame, I'll put up more later.


No comments: